/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcrypto [ nagios ]


hi
I  am trying to install a SNMP pulgin for nagios  from ( http://nagios.manubulon.com/package_c.html )
 
I downloaded the file  and ran a ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/nagios -----> this is OK
then i ran make   and it give me the following error  -------> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcrypto
 
[root@vps nagios-plugins-snmp]# make
make  all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/nagios-plugins-snmp'
Making all in src
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/nagios-plugins-snmp/src'
gcc  -DINET6 -O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -m32 -march=i386 -mtune=generic -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -lcrypto -Dlinux -I/usr/include/rpm -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -Wdeclaration-after-statement -I/usr/local/include -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/usr/include/gdbm -I/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/CORE -I. -I/usr/include/net-snmp   -o check_snmp_int  check_snmp_int.o nagios_common_snmp.o  -L/usr/lib -lnetsnmp -lcrypto -lm -L/usr/lib/lib -lwrap
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcrypto
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [check_snmp_int] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/nagios-plugins-snmp/src'
 
I was able to solve this 
 
chk if you hav the following 
 
rpm -qa |grep libcrypto
................... openssl
................... openssl-devel 
 
  

--

No comments:

Other Articles

Enter your email address: